If you are a biryani lover, you might love to have a plate full of Chicken Dum Biryani. We know you must be drooling for
for chicken biryani with the Dum. Mughal Chefs have been mastering the unique style of cooking biryani that is Dum. There are many stories behind the origin of Dum cooking. Still, the most common and popular one dates back to one of the greatest famines hitting the province of Awadh in 1794. The Nawab of Awadh thought of feeding his nobles and commoners and took the initiative for the food-for-work. He opted to construct the Bara Imambara to provide all the construction workers.
Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani is one of the most popular among other variations of the Awadhi Dum biryani, such as the Kolkata Chicken Biryani and Lucknowi Chicken Biryani. The biryani has the essence, aroma and flavours of many spices, perfect basmati rice and farm-fresh chicken. The delicious biryani is further marinated and cooked with the rice in a clay pot on slow fire or dum for about 40 minutes.
Steps to make Simple & Best Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani at Home:
Perfect marination of the chicken is essential in cooking a delicious chicken biryani apart from the dum. The chicken needs the correct amount of appropriate time for marinating the chicken for preparing lip-smacking Hyderabadi chicken biryani. The process of margination has been witnessing an evolution over time. However, the following remains the most popular options.
- Marinating the chicken in the Yoghurt by adding some ginger-garlic paste, garam masala, turmeric and salt and leaving it for a minimum of two hours.
- Marinating the chicken with olive oil, ginger-garlic paste, peppers, mint, cilantro, cinnamon, garam masala and salt for more than two hours.
- Marinating the chicken with Yoghurt, salt, turmeric, chilli powder, biryani masala, coriander powder, some green chilli for adding spice to your Hyderabadi chicken biryani ginger-garlic paste and lemon juice and leave it for two hours.
- Marinating the fresh chicken with Greek yoghurt, some turmeric for aroma and colour, chilli powder and salt for about two hours.
These were a few different ways to marinate a chicken for the best delicious and lip-smacking taste of your favourite Biryani. After the margination of the chicken, a pan with a heavy bottom with the marinated chicken and raw basmati rice.
At the top of the rice and chicken, sprinkle some fried onions, coriander leaves, saffron, mint and coriander leaves for garnishing.
You can face many challenges while cooking the biryani in this manner.
- Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani have different ingredients that do not have the same cooking time. Therefore, it is important to marinate the chicken for at least two hours.
- A heavy bottom pan works best to prevent the fire from burning from the biryani at the bottom.
We know you will be craving some lip-smacking and delicious Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani. So why make your craving wait? Now is the time to make a choice & order biryani home delivery near you from the food delivery apps. But we know you’re too confused to decide! Well, don’t worry, we’re here to make your problems a bit easier. Hurry up! Quickly scroll through our menu and order your favourite biryani dishes from Biryani Times!